Friday 27 November 2009

Want To Win This?



This week my shop is sponsoring the Crafty catz Challenge blog. To be in with a chance of winning the above prize then fairies and angel cards are what you need to produce and then hop over to their blog with your entry. The prize is 2 packets of Pearls & Crystals (garnet & ice) and some flowers in wink and blooming retro


Tis Friday so a skywatch photo is called for. I am cheating with this one because it isn't taken by me but it was a bit of an excitement to add to the week and it does have our local sky on it. It is an embarassing photo and I must be mad putting it on here but this is the story behind it.


I went to the park with Daisy earlier in the week. First thing I saw was the dog warden's van parked across the path and two police officers with a photographer. One of the police officers started walking towards me and my instant thought was 'oh god there has been a horrible dog attack and she is telling me to keep away'. How wrong I was. She asked if I would allow them to take some pictures as part of a campaign they are doing to combat the huge problem we have with people not picking up after their dogs.


I was given a poop bag and told to pretend to pick up some doggie doo, make Daisy sit and they would do the rest. I am so so so glad that my head is down and my hair is obscuring my face.


The photo appeared on the local police website the next day and apparently it may be used in the local newspaper and other advertising for the campaign. They took another photograph showing the dog warden giving me a pretend ticket. She actually has a machine a bit like a traffic warden and can issue an on the spot fine of £50 to anybody not picking up after their dog. I had no idea they could do that.


I must admit I was anxious about Daisy doing her business during the photo shoot because sometimes it can be a bit difficult to pick it all up. I swear I could do with a jet wash strapped to my back at time with her. OK that was far too much information and I'm sorry.

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congrats with your brush with fame - how exciting! Glad Daisy cooperated too...

Pat said...

Well done--You did your civic duty! That was a funny story...Thanks for sharing. You are now a Local Celebrity.

Your sky is beautifully blue.

Alexander said...

It all counts! Nice clear blue sky. Well done with your brush with fame.

Have a good weekend.

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Sian said...

I'm laughing at the idea of the jet wash strapped to your back! Made me smile this afternoon.

Victoria Tsavdaridou said...

Nice story, you are a conscientious citizen!!!! Thanks for sharing