Friday 23 July 2010

Not Suitable For Little Or Sensitive Ears

This entry is definitely not suitable for small ears or those sensitive to a bit of outspokenness



BULLSHIT - according the urban dictionary this is what it means

A statement made without regard for its truth, accuracy, or veracity. A bull shit statement is distinguished from a lie because a lie is a knowing falsehood, while bull shit simply does not care whether it is true or false.


Over the years I've learnt to spot the bullshitters after having one or two friends in my twenties who were professionals at speaking the language of bullshit.  I've learnt to take what some people say with a pinch of salt and not take anything they say seriously. Some of the crap that leaves their mouths though makes me think OMG what planet are you on.  The thing that makes me laugh is that people are suckered into the tales they tell too. 



An absolute classic the other day that I chuckled about for a while afterwards was a lady telling a group of people in the playground about a new top she was wearing.  It slipped so easily from her tongue that it was x size but she obviously didn't know that the label was sticking out of the back and the very snugly fitting new top was x size plus a few more sizes.  The only people these bullshitters are kidding are themselves.

This statement on the picture below is  true.  They have done it for so long that it just tumbles out of their mouth and they believe it themselves.



Then there are the 'victims' in life.  Always complaining about anything and everything. Everything that happens to them is always worse than the same thing happening to anybody else with the same degree of intensity. 

Or those who always have to go one better about whatever you are talking about and turn the conversation around so it focuses on them.  This one really ticks me off.

Rude ignorants who insist on walking two or three in a line across the pavement (sidewalk) and don't move when somebody wants to walk in single file past them.  The older generation are the worst for this.  I sometimes wish I still had a pram to jab into their ankles.

The last one that I would love to punch in the face are the piss takers.  The ones who take advantage of situations for their own gain.  The ones who never say please and thankyou. The ones who will let you hold the door open in a shop and never even acknowledge you.  The ones who make an appointment to come to your house and then never show up. Twice I had that happen to me with the same person over the last month.  Inconvenience to me as I had things to do that didn't involve waiting in so now that person will not be getting my order for the goods I wanted.

I could go on and on but I'm not perfect myself so I won't.  I just don't talk bullshit and make up lies.  White lies maybe if it stops a situation getting out of hand but not blatant made up bullshit to get attention.

Just an insight into what ticks me off about people in general.

No comments: