Friday 8 April 2011

Royal Wedding Memorabilia

I've just watched a programme on memorabilia from Royal Family events and basically every item was worth hardly anything.    I can't speak for every UK citizen but I'm betting that most houses have at least one item from either the coronation, silver jubilee, golden jubilee or the last couple of Royal weddings.  We have a silver jubilee cup and saucer hidden away at the back of a cupboard.  What for though?  I can't answer that.  I really don't know.

I keep getting email updates from Cath Kidston about their range of Royal Wedding memorabilia.  It isn't actually that bad in comparison to some of the tacky rubbish out there.  I don't know if I will be parting with any money though.  Cath Kidston products and me are a love affair but pennies don't allow me to spend much.




This is quite nice from the official collection


and then of course there is this. Spot the mistake - could just be a publicity stunt though.



For those who didn't spot it - the picture is of Harry not William.

Yankee have joined the party too with a range of candles



There are mountains of other things out there.  A quick search on ebay or etsy brings up thousands of items. We even have a Royal Wedding badge in Guiding which I am quite looking forward to working on because it means a party. I haven't actually seen the badge yet but found this on ebay.  I'm liking it even though I'm not a fan of all the crown stuff like 'Keep Calm and Carry On etc'


3 comments:

karenw said...

I'm thinking Harry should be getting his brother half a dozen of those mugs to give him as a wedding present...

I think the daggier the memorabilia the better. But that's just me (and possibly most of australia aged under 60). xx

Lizzie said...

I share your feelings on this... not sure if I will buy any "memorabilia". I think I will make a scrap page instead, using some good photos that I find in the paper / online. I think that will be more meaningful than a tacky and/or expensive mug, plate or shopping bag.

Debbie said...

I'm not a huge memorabilia person either.

I remember my grandmother and aunts all had wall racks of those spoons with the little shields on the top for various events and places.