Friday 21 October 2011

FO Friday

I've not taken part in Finished Object Friday for quite some time. Mainly because I didn't have anything finished to show you.

This week I have finished a ruffled scarf and have written up the pattern on Ravelry - here to try and make a few extra pennies for Christmas. Also because I am doing a craft fair soon and plan to print a few out to sell there.




I decided that my main sale item at the craft fair will be corsages.  I've finished a few more than this picture shows and whilst some of them are finished I could use a bit of feedback on them.  I was going to add beads or buttons or both to each and every one of them but with some of the bigger ones I am wondering if less is more and to leave them plain. They are made with a variety of stash yarn I had.  The bigger ones are made with some Icelandic Chunky yarn which is absolutely gorgeous in real life. Each one takes up a full ball.



Then there are these little guys.  Just a simple trianglar knit made into a christmas tree shape.  I'm undecided whether to make some more because it is a christmas craft fair or just keep them for my own tree.


One thing is for certain, as much as I am enjoying making things for it, I shall be glad to be able to go back to knitting for my own pleasure once the craft fair is done.

Shameful pimping of my pattern post over now so please visit this week's FO Friday for lots of knitted and crocheted inspiration.

10 comments:

Memo Box said...

Ooh the scarf is so pretty!

pinkundine said...

Love the scarf, very pretty :) I think you should possibly make more of the Christmas tree ornaments - they're fab

Pussywillow & Purl said...

Love the flowers & trees... are they your own patterns? I'd love to have a go!
Good luck with your craft fair! xx

Laura said...

Those all look lovely, and I'm sure the Christmas Trees would sell well. The beads are a lovely touch!

The scarf looks like just the kind of thing to snuggle up in. Hope it brings you in some pennies for Christmas :)

Karen said...

Your scarf is so pretty!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Well done with the scarf pattern; it looks very warm and flattering! As for the flowers, I think the buttons look very charming so I'd encourage you to add them!

Unknown said...

The scarf is very pretty. Those trees are cute.

erin said...

everything looks wonderful! I love the beads on the trees, they're like little christmas lights =)

Amy said...

Your ruffle scarf is so cute :) I love those scarves.

Tanya said...

LOVE the little trees! what a clever and cute use of beads!