Monday 12 March 2012

Glossy Box March 2012

I've heard a lot about beauty boxes recently where you get a range of samples of products for around £10.  I was tempted by a few but since Glossy Box were having a Harrods version for March 2012 I decided to give it a try.  You can cancel if you don't want any more so I gave it a shot.
The box arrived this morning.


Something this size usually comes in the postman's bag and arrives squashed so I was pleasantly surprised that it arrived in the post van.

I had to wait to open it as, the hop along son as he will be named for the next few weeks, had an appointment at the hospital after his accident on Friday.


I opened it when we got home and found a shiny white box inside the tasteful brown and pink delivery box.


Opening that revealed black tissue paper wrapped up in a trademark Harrods green ribbon.



A leaflet with the contents described


all nestled on a black nest of paper


Here is the contents



Molten Brown vitalising vitamin AB+C bath and shower gel 50ml I was happy to receive this as I've heard so much about Molten Brown and it was the first thing I opened the lid of to smell it. I love smelling products. However I was shocked at this one. It is exactly the same scent as the Bayliss and Harding grapefruit liquid soap I currently have in my bathroom. My daughter has the bath and shower gel in her bedroom and the bottle is the same just with a different name on. I can buy that at asda so I was disappointed with this selection.

Next in line is Valentino Valentina eau de parfum 1.5ml. This is gorgeous. I've sprayed a little bit and I love it.

Then there is Clarins extra firming body cream 30ml. I'm not one for using a lot of body creams but I have to say this is very thick and I can see a little bit going a long way.

Lancôme hypnose drama mascara in excessive black 2ml I do wear mascara so this will come in handy.

Shu Uemura cleansing beauty oil 4ml this is probably a single use sachet but it is a 3in1 product so I will be able to take off my eye make up aswell as cleaning my face.

Lastly SK11 skin signature 15ml this is an anti-ageing face cream. As face creams go it smells divine. I'm still doing the Olay trial for super savvy so I'll try this once that has finished.

The contents are probably good value however they aren't things I would usually use and I bought the box not knowing what I was getting. I don't know whether I will get another. Maybe as an occasional treat but I doubt it will be every month and I will probably try a different company in April

No comments: