Friday 27 April 2012

Glossybox April 2012

I left it too late to cancel this so I've received the April box.

It is called the Natural Beauty box - natural beauty products guaranteed to make you feel your best, look gorgeous while at the same time satisfying the green goddess within - I will reserve judgement on that statement I think.

Anyway this is what arrived in the very nice cream coloured biodegradable box




CAUDALIE - Vinosource SOS Thirst-Quenching Serum
Full size is £29 for 30ml. The sample is 10ml so worth £9.66.
When you join Glossybox you are asked to fill in a personal beauty profile and it asks your skin type. Now my skin is anything but thirsty and I ticked the greasy section so just a tiny amount of this serum on my face has added to the shine.  Obviously my profile was ignored with this choice.



MONU PROFESSIONAL SKINCARE - Moisture Rich Collagen Cream

Apparently a full size at 50ml worth £17.50

For dry, very dry or dehydrated skin. Again absolutely no good to my facial skin type so its either going on ebay or on my reptile skinlike hands instead.



BURT'S BEES - Naturally Nourishing Milk and Honey Body Lotion

Full size is 190g at £9.99 and this is 70g worth around £3.68

I've seen this brand in Boots and have been very tempted but never actually bought anything.  I figured milk and honey would be lovely but if I'm totally honest I think it smells more like furniture polish than a beauty product. I suppose that will be the bee bit. It is a bit offputting but not enough that I won't use it.  My legs are quite dry so I'll give it a try.


FIGS & ROUGE - Lip Balm

Full size £3.29

I've never heard of this brand before.  I have to say I'm very impressed and at £3.29 I think it is definitely something I will buy again. It is for the body too so I can see it being useful for dry skin patches on knees, etc

INIKA COSMETICS - certified organic eyeliner

Full size £11.75

This was perfect timing. My trusty Estee Lauder eye pencil that I've had for way longer than is probably hygenically recommended is now down to a tiny stub so a new pencil is very welcome.  Even the shade of Coco is perfect. 

My overall verdict is mixed.  I did cancel the subscription before this box arrived and I think I will leave it cancelled unless they offer me a very good deal to stay.  It was obvious from the facial products sent that they haven't read my beauty profile.  However I did love the lip balm and it was perfect timing for the pencil. I'm still undecided about the body lotion because of the smell.

The April She Said Beauty box is due soon aswell as the highly anticipated Luxbox so as soon as they arrive I'll let you know what I think.

1 comment:

yyam said...

Hmmmm...I've never bought beauty products this way before. It does seem like a great way to test out sample size products before you buy. Give that moisturizer a try. Somehow the "stinky" products usually work! lol