Wednesday 2 May 2012

Luxbox Launch Box

I signed up for the launch luxbox and it arrived on monday.

The box itself I would describe as a pale lilac. Kind of shabby chic but classy at the same time.

The inside of the box is black with black shreddings and tissue tied up with fuchsia ribbon.

The contents:

MOA The Green Balm - tiny tub of 100% natural healing balm which claims to be miraculous. For skin conditions, bumps, bites, grazes and minor burns, coldsores and shaving.  Smells gorgeous and with a child who comes home with holes in the knees of his trousers most days and grazed knees I can immediately see what I will be using it for.  Might try it on spots aswell.


BM Beauty Eyeshadow - shades Her Majesty and Wolf Howl.  A loose powder eyeshadow.  The colours are a bit vibrant for me but as a crafter I can see many uses for these mixed with water and sprayed on my work or painted or mixed with nail polish.  Or I may give them to my purple loving daughter.


Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream - Triple action eye cream to revitalise weary eyes, smooth away dark shadows and reduce the appearance of fine lines.  I've tried this and love it.  I think my dark shadows are past the point of being smoothed away but it feels nice and soft on the skin so I'll see if it makes a difference.


Steamcream Ambigue Limited Edition by Mako Kikkawa - Steamcream represents the latest concept in skincare. Freshly handmade using high quality natural ingredients that are fused together with a shot of steam.  Made for the face but also perfect for the body and hands apparently.  I've used it this morning and I really like it.  The scent is a bit lavendery but not in an old granny sort of way.  It feels nice on the face.  I tried a bit on my hands but I'm afraid they are bit too dry for it. Only Body Shop Hemp seems to make a difference to my paws.


Eldora False Lashes -  These will definitely be going to my daughter. I have no need for false eyelashes but obviously they are very 'in' at the moment amongst younger people. 

My verdict - Apart from the eyelashes I will use everything in the box.  It was reduced because it was the launch box.  I think I will keep my subscription up for the next box and see what it contains.  This one is very much on a par with Glossybox this month. 

I got an email last night to say She Said Beauty have dispatched their May box.  I couldn't resist clicking on the sneek they linked to and that contains eyelashes aswell :( I will review that as soon as it arrives.

No comments: