Friday 6 July 2012

Heavy and Persistent

is apparently settled in for the rest of the day.
This was the morning's attire for walking to school. I bought the packaway mac thingy from Primark because my usual raincoat is way too warm for this time of year. Yep despite the rain we have had rather a lot of this summer it has still been reasonably warm and inbetween the showers actually quite nice.
The mac thingy is huge and accommodates my ample tum and bum comfortably. So much so that the first time I wore it my first thought was pink tellytubby. The husband said more like Mr Blobby! Cheeky git!
It served its purpose this morning though. Not quite waterproof enough for the deluge that the clouds dumped on us but at least I wasn't sweating like a pig.


The little one was rather wet too in his more substantial and definitely more expensive raincoat but hey it's only rain and it never hurts to get caught in a downpour every now and again. My only regret is that his boots were left outside a while ago and were full of rain and creepy crawlies so he couldn't go in the puddles like he wanted.





I'm not moaning about it though. I don't mind rain, I love the sound on the roof, as long as I'm not out in it for too long and the drains don't flood then it can stay. I'm not a huge fan of warm sticky humid summers.

No comments: