Tuesday 24 July 2012

KAL Tuesday #1

I was looking through my stats recently and one of the most popular things seems to have been something I did a few times and as there was no interest I stopped. That was a weekly knitting meme.

Call me a bit slow on the uptake but I only just realised my initials and the popular knitting term KAL (knitalong) are one and the same so I am introducing KAL Tuesdays starting today.

I will post a picture of what I am knitting along with each week and provide a link service so you can show off your own projects. I can't wait to see what you are working on.

This first week I am working on an elf.  It is way out of my comfort zone.  Apart from a few monsters I've never really made creatures.  I have to say that I'm quite enjoying it.  I am a little nervous about putting it all together and the facial features make me particularly nervous. I'm just finishing up the jacket and then I can start sewing.




The pattern is very loosely based on a book by Fiona McDonald called Knitted Fairies.





If you want to play along then all you need to do is either leave a comment with a link to what you are knitting along with this tuesday or use the linky thingy.  I'm looking forward to seeing what you are working on.

No comments: