Thursday 26 July 2012

Skywatch At Party In The Park

Last Sunday we were lucky enough to have tickets for Party In The Park at Leeds.

Most of the music was not particularly my cup of tea but it was a nice afternoon out.  The sun finally came out to play after all the recent rain and the kids really enjoyed it. I can't ask for any more than that.



There were 70,000 people there apparently  (love that sky)








This young man who goes by the name of Labrinth was outstanding and, in my opinion, was miles better than most of the other acts.



Although I have to say I really enjoyed the performance by Marcus Collins.  He was one of my favourites from X Factor last year.



and I surprised myself by quite enjoying the performance by a certain boy band by the name of One Direction. I think I went deaf for a few moments after they came on though.  Thousands of screaming girls isn't by idea of a fun afternoon.


I'm not going to bore you with pictures of every act but they included Stooshe (fab), Alyssa Reid (a way bit too much attitude about having traffic related issues and not that good), Cover Drive (quite enjoyable), Marcus Collins (fantastic), One Direction (surprised myself), Wretch 32 (another who was fab), Conor Maynard (was OK), Little Mix (really good), Labrinth (stood out as THE best act), Alexandra Burke (boring yawn yawn), DJ Fresh (OK at what they do but not really my cup of tea), Taio Cruz (boring until he sang Dynamite but even then not that good), Professor Green (not my cup of tea but the lady singing with him was amazing) and last up was Tulisa (quite why she was last up I don't know but she was rubbish in my opinion)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great sequence!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun family day out...with a zillion other people! The sheer size of events in the UK always amazes me!

Wenche said...

Good weather clouds - lovely shots :0)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Captured so beautifully! Have a happy weekend and happy sky watching.

Sky shots. at my page, your comment will be greatly appreciated.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Amazing sky!!
Don't think I would have cared for most of that music either.