Thursday 3 January 2013

Artful Readers Club

The first 2013 challenge I am embarking on is the brainchild of the lovely Darcy the Artful Readers Club is a year long project. We choose 12 books we haven't read before, read one per month and at the end of the month review it and create a project inspired by it.

I haven't chosen my final 12 yet because I have read a lot of the books we own and I wanted to do this with proper books rather than the ones I have on my kindle but we are allowed to have just 6 for our first post.





I raided the 10p section in the library this morning and came away with 3 random ones. I have added 100 Flowers To Knit And Crochet and The Allotment Handbook from my bookshelf and found another library bargain to add to make up my first 6. The Allotment Handbook was a christmas present and the flowers one is a recent purchase that I haven't had time to look at other than a quick flick through initially. I'm going to start with that one because it leads directly to the project part of the book club.

12 comments:

Carmen said...

I don't know of any of these so am going to enjoy reading your reviews.

We moved a year ago and our old house was directly opposite our small library - that's about the only thing I miss from our move... popping over for a regular raid of their sale shelves ;)

Jez said...

Great buying strategy. Like Carmen, I don't know any of these. Some completely different genres that will make for interesting artwork and reviews. Look forward to them.

Jez said...

Great buying strategy. Like Carmen, I don't know any of these. Some completely different genres that will make for interesting artwork and reviews. Look forward to them.

Darcy Marshall said...

good haul, our Library always used to have a 10p trolley but they stopped a couple years ago, I miss being able to pop in and grab random books.

San @ Made in Hem said...

I ♥ 100 flowers! It's a book I take out over and over again to make little tags on gifts! Not sure if there's any reading in there... Ha, never looked for that, just flip through the patters till I find what I need that day! :)
Looking forward to your reviews, I ♥ random lists!

Helen Ding said...

Look forward to your reviews & art

Sarah said...

I wish our library did bargain books too - well, maybe it does - I haven't been in there in years!

Nice to see a familiar face doing this challenge, and I'm looking forward to reading your reviews :)

laurie said...

I have bought some great books at library sales! Happy Reading!!!

Shirley said...

All your books are new to me.
Looking forward to reading your reviews and seeing the pieces of artwork you you do for each book.

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

What a great idea - love to see the projects they inspire!

Happy New Year to you!

Hope you are well, Estelle xx

A Hovel to Home said...

Have you read Stephanie Laurens before. Always a good read.

Hugs

Kay
Toodles & Binks

Sara said...

Good idea!! Will read your reviews! Good luck!!